Frequently asked questions

Below are all of your frequently asked questions. If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, please feel free to contact us.

Are you registered with the Victorian Building Authority?

Yes – domestic builder unlimited db-u 37365 and commercial builder limited Low Rise CB-L 41848

Do you provide warranty and customer support?

Yes, we provide a warranty and customer support for six years on structural defects and two years on non structural defects. Items installed carry their selected manufacture’s warranties. A final walk through prior to hand over and a three month maintenance program is carried out.

Are you a member of a building organisation? Such as HIA or Master Builders?

Yes, we have been a member of HIA since 2006

Do you have public liability insurance?

Yes, we have $20 million public and product liability insurance

Who will be the contact person on the project?

Each project will be overseen on a daily basis by a head carpenter. The first point of contact is always Nick, as he is still very hands on with all projects.

Do you need building permits for any domestic work?

Any domestic work over $ 5,000 must be carried out by a registered building practitioner – this includes construction on new kitchens, bathrooms and decks. Any work over $16,000 must carry home warranty insurance for six years on structural defects and two years on non structural defects. Structural alterations to your home or office must have a building permit, this includes decks, pergolas, swimming pools and some retaining walls to name a few. You may also need a permit for your new front fence, some local councils require this.

Should I contact my insurance provider about the renovations?

You should definitely contact your insurance provider, as your existing policy may not cover your property whilst it’s being renovated or that new kitchen is being installed.

What do I do if my house has asbestos?

If you are unsure, nearly all homes up until the mid 1980s have some sort of asbestos. Kitchens, bathrooms, laundries, tile underlay, vinyl floor tiles, eave sheeting and roofing materials can house asbestos. Removal must be done by a licensed removalist and the Victorian Workcover Authority must be notified of any work taking place.

  • Uneek Construction specialise in Mezzanines and office fit-outs
    In Commercial
    Commercial Mezzanine Construction
  • Newly renovated school
    In Commercial
    School Modification
  • Newly built kitchen
    In Domestic
    Mornington Peninsula Award-Winning Design

If you would like to speak to us about your project,

Please call us at 0419 869 502